When trying to get my car towed to fix the clutch (see Clutch, clutch, clutch!) on a freezing cold night;
- The battery had gone dead, I must have left a light on in my confusion, after hitting the bollard
- Trying to find jump leads was like trying to get gold dust but eventually managed to get the loan of a set
- The bit that attaches to the car so that a tow rope can be attached was missing from my boot
- Phoned good friend with similiar car, whose car is always pristine (guaranteed to have the missing bit) - and she had just traded it in and was waiting for new model.
- The tow rope broke on a really narrow road with three cars behind me and another coming in the opposite direction.
Following on from my previous post "If this goes on - I will be as thin as Paris Hilton!" I went for tests yesterday to check what was going on. Now, I know how to get value for money, so I left the hospital with four separate diagnoses:
- Hiatus Hernia
- Severe inflammation of the stomach
- An ovarian cyst for good measure
So I am destined for the operating table very soon! On the brighter side;
- It was only the clutch cable that was gone so wasn't too expensive
- At least the severe pain was my Gallbladder and not IBS - much quicker and more final solution to the pain problem
- If I hadn't had the tests they wouldn't have found the cyst for God knows how long