Ah Mulley, what have you gone and done?? Now I can't get this out of my head! It was a hit in 1987 here and in the US in 1988 - oh, the memories;
- I was 15 and thought I'd never get old enough to do the things I wanted to do
- Inter-cert was looming
- Not allowed to discos
- Still sharing a bedroom with my sister (it had red wallpaper with white love hearts on !)
- Hadn't yet kissed a boy (or didn't for at least another 3 years!!!)
- Thought I was fat - I wasn't
- Tried to make sure I got to walk around town after school as often as I could to look at the lads from the local boys secondary school
- Was also listening to Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, George Michael, Robert Palmer , INXS and bloody Billy Ocean cos their songs like the rest on this list were omni-present
- Had stopped trying to knit leg-warmers but was still sewing a god-damned apron for Home Economics!
- Was beginning to experiment with make-up and had a Miners eyeshadows
- Naively thought I'd be married by 25 and just automatically have children
- A Pan-Am Boeing 747 explodedover Lockerbie, Scotland from a terrorist bomb
- The other George Bush was elected in the US
- Kids cool enough to have computers (we weren't) were playing Super Mario 3
- Big Brother's SamAnda twin combo were born!
20 years on things have changed somewhat, sadly not all for the better;
- I'm now afraid of getting too old to do the things I want
- Whilst the Inter-Cert is long gone, not so the Leaving Cert - it took me a while to figure out this link but I now know when I'm stressed - I dream or have nightmares about sitting the Leaving Cert!!
- Now I'm dying to share my bedroom with someone again - haven't done so since I left home and started college!
- Again I'm still waiting to kiss boys! Well actually looking for one that I can kiss again and again and again!!!!!
- I am fat
- Now when I want to look at men I drive around town!
- Those songs evoke all sorts of memories
- My mother still has that god-damned apron somewhere - but I did get As in both Inter and Leaving Cert Home Economics!!!
- Like then I still only wear make-up when I'm going out but now have more expensive brands
- Terrorism is still rife around the world
- There is still a fucking George Bush in power
- SamAnda are substantially more irritating than they were (I hope they weren't that fucking annoying when they were babies - surely someone would have drowned them!)
I still like Rick Astley though, the guy has a great voice and I only learned what a Rick Roll was tonight so you live and learn!Technorati Tags: Rick Astley 1988 Damien Mulley WWMD Rick Roll